Starting Point: Nagdhunga, Kathmandu
Ending Point: Switzerland Park, Kathmandu
Duration: 5-6 hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
Best Season: All around the year
Location: South of Kathmandu Valley
Indra Daha Switzerland park hiking is one of the most popular hiking destinations around Kathmandu Valley. This hiking is a great combination of natural, historical, and religious significance. Indra Daha is a pond where Lord Indra took bath to get rid of the curse of Gautam Rishi. This place is also famous for the graveyard of chief commander Kalu Pandey. Kalu Pandey was the chief commander of Late king Prithivi Narayan Shah and was died in the first invade of Kritipur. Switzerland Park is a famous picnic spot for many internal and external tourists.
Indra Daha Switzerland Park Hiking Highlights:
- A clear view of the whole Kathmandu Valley (Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur)
- Breath-taking panorama of mountains like Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, and Gaurishankar.
- Popular graveyard of Kalu Pandey, chief commander during the period of King Prithivi Narayan Shah.
- Indra Daha (Pond) and popular picnic spot, Switzerland Park.
How to reach there (For Independent Hikers):
The starting point of the hike is Nagdhunga. It will take about 45 mins to reach there if you have a private vehicle. If you want to go by Public vehicle, the bus to Nagdhunga leaves every day from Nagdhunga. The hike will start from Nagdhunga. It will take 5-6 hours to reach Indra Daha depending upon your fitness level.
Where to Stay:
If you are tired or simply want to stay a night there, hotels and lodges are not available. However, you can camp there if you are well prepared for camping. Make sure your camping spot is safe enough or ask locals to recommend you a safe camping spot.
- Early morning pick up from Hotel.
- Drive to Nagdhunga.
- Hike to Indra Daha and Switzerland Park. (4-5Hours)
- Drive back to your place.
- Lunch during hiking.
- Guide Fee.
- All transportation.
What's not included?
- National Park Fee (Rs. 1000 0r $10).
- Personal Expenses.