Peekay & Dudh Kunda is mafnificent journey that follows the classic trail to Everest for some days and then diverting to off the beaten path towards Peekay ridge for grand views of Mt. Everest and surrounding high peaks including Numbur, from Lamjura joining the trail to Junbesi then again on the less frequented path towards the Dudh Kunda the holy glacial pond beneath the mighty peaks of Numbur.
The Peekay & Dudh Kunda, the Protector Shorong Yul Lha known by its local name ” guardian of the Solu area and its people is a sacred, holy lake the pilgrims and the locals believes that taking a dip in this holy pond relinquishes the sin of a hundred lifetime and also grants your wishes as you pray along while having a dip in this freezing pond enjoying the surrounding landscapes and its panoramic snow-capped mountain scenery from Mt.Everest, Number, Kwangde and of the eastern Everest range this trek leads to a verdant forest of Rhododendron, Magnolia, pines, hemlock and oak trees, in the spring and summer this place will be a paradise with wildflowers and the hills on flame with rhododendrons blooms, this is an awesome trek away from the main trekking trail from Jiri to Everest, while this trek diverts onto off beaten tracks for 3-4 days in absolute isolation wilderness. Starting this lovely journey with Nepal Dream Path Treks from Jiri and ending this fabulous journey with a flight from Phaplu.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with half day tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Jiri [1,955m] [06 hrs journeys].
Day 04: Trek to Shivalaya [1,640m] [05 hrs walk].
Day 05: Trek to Bhander [2,190m] [05 hrs walk].
Day 06: Trek to Sete [2,430m] [06 hrs walk].
Day 07: Trek Lamjura [3,530 m] [04 hrs walk].
Day 08: Trek to Peekay ridge top approx [3,950m] and return to Lamjura.
Day 09: Trek to Junbesi [2,670m] [05 hrs walk].
Day 10: Trek to Thupten Chooling [2,930m] [03 hrs walk].
Day 11: Trek to Saharsabeni [3,340m] [06 hrs walk].
Day 12: Trek to Dhudh Kunda [4,190 m] [06 hrs walk].
Day 13: Rest day to perform puja and ritual rites or for local hike.
Day 14: Trek to Sarkari pati [2,860m] [06 hrs walk].
Day 15: Trek to Phaplu [2,470m] [06 hrs walk].
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu from Phaplu 30 minutes of scenic flight.
Day 17: Free for personal activities at Kathmandu.
Day 18: International Departure.
- Sun Hat
- Worm hat (it mean worm one to protect your head from cold)
- Head light
- Sun Cream/lip guard
- Tooth pest/Brush/soap
- Down Jacket
- Long sleeved shirt
- Jumper/fleecy jacket
- Long underwear
- Wind breaker trouser
- Wool socks
- Cotton socks
- Trekking boots
- Sewing kits
- Water bottle
- Swiss knife
- Extra batteries
- Flip flops
- Rain coat/ Umbrella
- Rucksacks(For a Day)
- Sleeping Bag
- Medical & first aid kit
- All transportation and Arrival, Departure transfers as per the Itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation with BB plan in city and Tea house or Camping in Trekking as per itinerary.
- Full day guided tour of Kathmandu including private vehicle, Entry permits, and a well-experienced city guide.
- All meals included during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Tea/Coffee).
- Guide, porters, and other support staff as per your requirement and our agreed price.
- National Park Fees and all required permits.
- General First-Aid Kits for all.
- All taxes and fees are required for the program.
What's not included?
- Meals in the cities.
- Personal expenses (Laundry, bar bills, water etc).
- Travel Insurance (Essential).
- Personal trekking gears not mentioned in the contract.
- Tips for staffs.
- Personal first aid Kit.