Starting Point: Godawari (14km south of Kathmandu)
Ending Point: Phulchowki
Duration: 5-6 hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
Best Season: All around the year
Location: South of Kathmandu Valley
Phulchowki Hiking is one of the most Popular Hiking destinations around Kathmandu Valley. It is a slow and steady journey to the highest hill with an elevation of 2782m, surrounding the beautiful Kathmandu Valley. This is the best hiking to go on for the first time trekker to train themselves and take a break from their daily schedule and enjoy the peaceful panoramic Views.
Phulchowki Hiking Highlights:
- A clear view of the whole Kathmandu Valley (Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur)
- Breath-taking panorama of Annapurna and Gaurishankar ranges.
- Subtropical forests are decorated with Rhododendron, Pine and Oak trees.
- Chance to observe different species of Butterflies, birds, and orchids.
- Huge botanical garden of Godawari.
How to reach there (For Independent Hikers)
The starting point of the hike is Godawari. It will take about 45 mins to reach there if you have a private vehicle. If you want to go by Public vehicle, the bus to Godawari leaves every day from Lagankhel. The hike will start from Godawari. It will take 5-6 hours to reach Phulchowki depending upon your fitness level.
Where to Stay
If you are tired or simply want to stay a night there, there are several Hotels and lodges in Godawari. Also, if you are well prepared for camping, make sure your camping spot is safe enough or ask locals to recommend you a safe camping spot.
- Early morning pick up from Hotel.
- Drive to Godawari.
- Hike to Phulchoki 2762m (4-5Hours)
- Back to Kathmandu.