Rara to Jomsom trek is the combination of the two amazing treks i.e Rara Lake trek and the Jomsom trek. This trek is an adventure as well as a challenging trek. It leads to charming remote villages of different ethnic groups, cultures, and amazing camping spots.
Nepal Dream Path Treks and Expedition start the trek by a short flight to Nepalgunj, the border side of India. We have to stay overnight at Nepalgunj and the next morning we have to fly to jumla. Jumla (2370m) is the starting point of this trek. After a few days of the trek, we reach Rara Lake. It is a beautiful blue lake surrounded by forests and with high mountains in the distance. The first high pass is Chargya La (5146m), at the top of which you’ll be able to see views of Tibet and the mountains of the Kanjiroba Range. You’ll need to cross a few more passes on this trek, including the highest, NyingmaGyanzen La (5557m).
The later trek leads with the massif views of Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri, and Tilicho Peak towards Lower Mustang to Jomsom. On the way, we get a chance to see the rural village’s culture, tradition, and many charming villages. The trek is 32 days long including lots of attractions on the way and many charming villages.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Nepaljung.
Day 03: Fly to Jumla & Trek to Chauriya Chaur[3055m].
Day 04: Trek from Chauriya Chaur to Chautha[2807m].
Day 05: Trek from Chautha to Jhyari[2635m].
Day 06: Trek from Jhyari to RARA lake[2990m].
Day 07: Free day at Rara lake.
Day 08: Trek from Rara Lake to Gamgadhi.
Day 09: Trek from Gamgadhi to Mangri[1950m].
Day 10: Trek from Mangri to Tiyar[2418m].
Day 11: Trek from Tiyar to Shilenchaura Kharka [2945m].
Day 12: Trek from Shilenchaura to Thajuchaur [4050m].
Day 13: Trek from Thajuchaur to Talka Khola [3785m] via Chyargo La [5150m].
Day 14: Trek from Talka Khola to Chyangdi Khola [4830m].
Day 15: Trek from Chyangdi to Pung Kharka [4650m] via Yala la [5414m].
Day 16: Trek from Pung Kharka to Pho [4087m] via Nyingma Gyanzen la [5363m].
Day 17: Trek from Pho to Bhijer [3850m] via Yambur La [4813m].
Day 18: Trek from Bhijer to Nengla La Camp [4790 m](cross Nengla La[5368m]).
Day 19: Trek from Nengla La Camp to Saldang[3770m].
Day 20: Trek from Saldang to Chagaon[3400m].
Day 21: Trek from Chagaon to Lagmo Che [4700m].
Day 22: Trek from Lagmo Che to Tokyu [4209m] via Jeng la 5220 m.
Day 23: Trek from Tokyu to Dho Tarap [3960m].
Day 24: Trek from Dho Tarap to Jhyarkoi Phedi [4500m].
Day 25: Trek from Jhyarkoi Phedi to Jhyarkoi pass and trek to Chharka Bhot [4302m] via Mo La pass . Day 26: Trek from Chharka Bhot to Yak Kharka [4750m].
Day 27: Trek from Yak Kharka to Sangda Phedi[4247m] via Nriwa pass [5320m].
Day 28: Trek from Sangda Phedi to Santa [3777m].
Day 29: Trek from Santa to Yak Kharka Camp.[3478m].
Day 30: Trek from Yak Kharka Camp to Kagbeni [2810m].
Day 31: Trek from Kagbeni to Jomsom [2800m].
Day 32: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara.
Day 33: Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight or Tourist coach.
Day 34: Free for personal activities in Kathmandu.
Day 35: International Departure.
- Sun Hat
- Worm hat (it means worm one to protect your head from cold)
- Sun Cream/lip guard
- Tooth pest/Brush/soap
- Down Jacket
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Jumper/fleecy jacket
- Long underwear
- Windbreaker trouser
- Wool socks
- Cotton socks
- Trekking boots
- Sewing kits
- Water bottle
- Swiss knife
- Extra batteries
- Flip flops
- Raincoat/ Umbrella
- Rucksacks(For a Day)
- Sleeping Bag
- Medical & first aid kit
- Trekking Crampon (If you are going to do a trek in winter then you need a Crampon for your trekking.)
- All transportation and Arrival, Departure transfers as per the Itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation with BB plan in city and Tea house or Camping in Trekking as per itinerary.
- Full-day guided tour of Kathmandu including private vehicle, Entry permits, and a well-experienced city guide.
- All meals are included during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Tea/Coffee).
- Guide, porters, and other support staff as per your requirement and our agreed price.
- National Park Fees and all required permits.
- General First-Aid Kits for all.
- All taxes and fees are required for the program.
What's not included?
- Meals in the cities.
- Personal expenses (Laundry, bar bills, water, etc).
- Travel Insurance (Essential).
- Personal trekking gears are not mentioned in the contract.
- Tips for staff.
- Personal first aid kit.