Makalu Base Camp Tea House Trek leads you to the world’s fifth highest mountain. It is one of the most popular and challenging trek. This treks offers an exceptional opportunity to explore high-altitude terrains, via the superb Shipton La pass. This is an outstanding “off the beaten path” trek in the remote eastern region of Nepal.
Nepal Dream Path starts the trek from the steamy lowlands of Tumlingtar on the Arun River. We approach Makalu via the beautiful Barun river valley situated in Makalu Barun National Park. It is a remote wilderness containing some of the last remaining areas of pristine forests and alpine meadows in Nepal. We cross the Shipton La (4,216m) to reach Makalu Base Camp and unrivalled views of the south face of Makalu, as well as Everest and Lhotse. The tea house and homestay are available during the trek. We have time to explore here before retracing our route to Tumlingtar and a short flight back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu -Tumlingtar [460m] & Drive to Khandbari [1,040m]
Day 04: Trek to Chirchira [1,900m]
Day 05: Trek to Num [1,490m]
Day 06: Trek to Sedua [1,460m]
Day 07: Trek to Tashi Gaon [2,070m]
Day 08: Trek to Kauma [3,470m]
Day 09: Trek to Mumbuk [3,570m]
Day 10: Trek to Nhe Kharka [3,000m]
Day 11: Trek to Sherson [4,615m]
Day 12: Trek to Makalu Base camp [5,000m]
Day 13: Rest day Exploration etc.
Day 14: Trek to Nhe Kharka [3,000m]
Day 15: Trek to Mumbuk [3,570m]
Day 16: Trek to Kauma [3,470m]
Day 17: Trek to Tashi Gaon [2,070m]
Day 18: Trek to Balung [760m]
Day 19: Trek to Pukuwa [550m]
Day 20: Trek to Bumling [370m]
Day 21: Trek to Tumlingtar [460m]
Day 22: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 23: Free for personal activities at Kathmandu.
Day 24: Final Departure
- Sun Hat
- Worm hat (it mean worm one to protect your head from cold)
- Head light
- Sun Cream/lip guard
- Tooth pest/Brush/soap
- Down Jacket
- Long sleeved shirt
- Jumper/fleecy jacket
- Long underwear
- Wind breaker trouser
- Wool socks
- Cotton socks
- Trekking boots
- Sewing kits
- Water bottle
- Swiss knife
- Extra batteries
- Flip flops
- Rain coat/ Umbrella
- Rucksacks(For a Day)
- Sleeping Bag
- Medical & first aid kit
- Trekking Crampon (If you are going to do a trek in winter then you need Crampon for your trekking.)
- All transportation and Arrival, Departure transfers as per the Itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation with BB plan in city and Tea house or Camping in Trekking as per itinerary.
- Full day guided tour of Kathmandu including private vehicle, Entry permits, and well experienced city guide.
- All meals includes during trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Tea/Coffee).
- Guide, porters and other support staff as per your requirement and out agreed price.
- National Park Fees and all required permits.
- General First-Aid Kits for all.
- All taxes and fees required for the program.
What's not included?
- Meals in the cities.
- Personal expenses (Laundry, bar bills, water etc)
- Travel Insurance (Essential).
- Personal trekking gears not mentioned in the contract.
- Tips for staffs.
- Personal first aid Kit.