Starting Point: Phulbari Gate, Bypass
Ending Point: Phulbari Gate, Bypass
Duration: 5-6 hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
Best Season: All around the year
Nagarjun Hill hiking is one of the most popular hiking around Kathmandu Valley to the nearest hill. It is a journey of 5-6 hrs through the beautiful Forest Raniban (Queen Forest) to the popular viewpoint and religious place called Jamacho. Jamacho is an important religious site for both Hindus and Buddhists. People use to believe, the name of this hill was named after the sage Nagarjuna who used to meditate there.
Nagarjun Hill Hiking Highlights:
- A clear view of the whole Kathmandu Valley (Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur).
- Explore Shivapuri National Park.
- Enjoy the distant views of Mountains like Ganesh Himal, Gaurishankhar, Manaslu & Dorje Lakpa.
- Explore caves in Raniban forest.
- The subtropical forest of Shivapuri National Park is famous for bird watching.
- Rock climbing center.
How to reach there (For Independent Hikers)
The starting point of the hike is Phulbari Gate, Bypass. It will take about 15 mins from thamel to reach there if you have a private vehicle. If you want to go by Public vehicle, you can get it easily at Thamel. The hike will start from Phulbari Gate. It will take 5-6 hours to reach Nagarjun depending upon your fitness level.
Where to Stay
You cannot camp/stay there.
- Early morning pick up from Hotel.
- Drive to Phulbari Gate (15 min).
- Hike to Nagarjun 2128m (4-5Hours).
- Have lunch and Explore around Nagarjun (2 hours)
- Hike back to Phulbari Gate.
- Drive back to your Hotel.